1. Break things downInformation needs to be in bite size pieces for us to really digest it and ultimately learn it. If you were told everything about how to fly a space-shuttle in a two hour lecture you probably wouldn’t be able to do it. But, if you were taught it in 20 minute chunks over a period of a day you would probably remember a lot more.
2. Focus on how many no how longSaying that you studied for ‘5 hours straight’ is all well and good but did you actually learn anything? Repetition is the key to remembering so read your notes on the specific topic you want to remember three to four times rather than reading a lot of different topics over a longer period of time. This is more efficient and faster!
3. Gamify!By turning studying and learning into a game your brain reacts well to this. Whether this is just in terms of treating yourself to a sweet after a chapter of reading or asking your friends to test you and receiving rewards if you get a certain number correct - it works!
4. Chill outYou need to take short but fulfilling breaks away from studying in order to make sure you’re actually learning. This is similar to point 1 & 2 but it really works. If you’re studying for 2 hours straight without a break your brain simply won’t focus for that long and you won’t take as much information in.
5. Tech up your studiesDo pieces of paper and notepads drive you mad? If you’re simply not a stationery and pens type of person then studying this way might not be the most effective way of learning. Download your text books on iBooks, watch videos to learn and use your Apple Reminders to create to-do lists. Don’t forget that you can grab up to 10% off at the Apple Store for Education using your UNiDAYS discount. Happy studying!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!