The RecipeThis particular recipe is also about time saving, I don’t think anyone has ever been patient for pizza. Once you’re decided on pizza you NEED it and you need it now. So this recipe cuts out the faff of excess kneading (you only have to knead this dough for 2 minutes!) and rising by simply cutting out the yeast. And guess what? It still tastes utterly delicious. We’ve stumbled upon the key to happiness, folks. And it lies in quickly-made pizza.
For the Base
- 240g plain flour
- 120ml water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 75g sliced chorizo
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200c. Then combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Add all of the water and then using your hand like a dough hook bring the flour and water together until a ball of dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. This should take 2-3 minutes. If you find the dough to be a little dry, lightly wet your hands and continue to knead.
- Using a rolling pin or empty wine bottle, roll out your dough into a pizza base and place on a oven tray.
- Brush olive oil over the pizza base. Now in a small bowl, combine the tomato puree, oregano and water to make a tomato paste. Brush the paste over the base, too.
- Tear the mozzarella and scatter all over the pizza base.
- Prepare your toppings and add these. Turn up the corners of the pizza to make a crust and then cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with potato wedges and salad!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!