1. The rankingThe Uni of Glos rugby league team are in the BUCS Super Eight League - the top 8 university rub league teams! Plus, in 2015 the University of Gloucestershire received 'commended' for its enhancement of student learning opportunities and is a really strong university for media, business, marketing and sports.
2. Bath RoadThe Bath Road is 5 minutes walk from the Park campus and is packed with shops, cafes and pubs that are within arms' reach of uni, super easy. It's also home to an awesome bar crawl!
3. Eat, eat, eat!Cheltenham has all your favourite high street faves like Zizzi, Turtle Bay, Bill's and more but there's also a ton of amazing independents like Bar & Wok, some of the best Chinese food you'll ever eat (I promise!) and an awesome sushi restaurant called Kibousushi that serves beautiful food.
4. The nightlifeIf you're into your real ales, the Jolly Brew Master is a brilliant pub this and is close to the Park Campus. Next up, the Moon Under the Water is the old Wetherspoons, perfect for student pockets! There's also a Bier Keller which is an awesome sports bar and just around the corner from this there are several late night drinking holes such as Bentleys and Lounge 72 with lots of good music. These aren’t really dance venues though, if you want to dance, Moo Moos is your place for a cheap night out!
5. Part-time work opportunitiesCheltenham Racecourse is a big part of the atmosphere of the town and is also a big employer for students with flexible zero hour contracts. Lots of money to be made during Gold Cup week! There are also loads of opportunities for part-time work within the university itself, there are a ton of festivals around science, sports, literature and more, around 45 a year, and there's always jobs to be done behind the scenes here. The Students' Union JobShop helps students find part time work and placed nearly 1000 students into work in recent years.
6. The shoppingThe shopping in Cheltenham is great, there's all your usual hughstreet favourites like H&M, TKMaxx, House of Fraser, Office, River Island, Topshop & Jack Wills just to name a few!
7. Your future planThe Uni of Gloucester runs a career programme called Your Future Plan which helps students become the graduates that they most want to be through advice with CVs, volunteering opportunities, internships and more.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!