With an exciting summer of the Olympics and Wimbledon ahead, it’s all about sport! If you don’t really see yourself as the sporty kind or you’re just lacking in ideas, then you’re in the right place. Here are 5 sports you should consider taking up this summer.
1. SwimmingSwimming is the perfect sport to take up this summer if you’re after doing something quite easy-going. If you’re not swimming competitively, it can actually be very relaxing. Not to mention the fact that you can keep cool out of the sun!
2. TennisI couldn’t do a summer sports post around Wimbledon and not include tennis, could I? Tennis has a load of benefits like lowering body fat, speeding up reaction times and increasing muscle tone. Plus, using your UNiDAYS discount you can save 15% on all the tennis gear at Adidas, so you can serve in style! Uncontrol Climachill Skort / Tennis Headband / Uncontrol Climachill Polo Shirt / Barricade Climachill Shorts
3. CyclingGoing on a bike ride on a summer's day is such good exercise. Not only can you admire the scenery, but you can also work on your cardiovascular fitness at the same time. And, cycling can help to lower stress too. Hello, stress-free summer!
4. RunningRunning can be such a fulfilling sport to participate in. Whether you want to run alone or in a group, it’s definitely something to consider. Here’s what our resident fitness-guru Allie said: [blockquote quote="As much as I say I don’t like running, when I’ve finished a run I always feel great, there’s a massive sense of achievement!" name="Allie]
5. RoundersIf you don’t understand the rules of baseball, then rounders is your failsafe option. The rules are super easy to pick up (you basically have to hit a ball as far as you can and run around bases as fast as you can!). It's super active and it’s also a great way of getting together with a group of your friends.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!