1. It’s pizza month!So if you need me, you will find me eating pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And perhaps an afternoon snack. It’s also World Pasta Day on the 25th so a trip to Pizza Hut might be in order.
2. Halloween is hereSometimes I actually think I love Halloween more than Christmas! I love fancy dress and snacks that are made to look like cut-off fingers and searching far and wide for Halloween contact lenses in my prescription (if you have perfect vision and can buy any £5 pair from your local fancy dress shop then I envy you).
3. It’s totally acceptable to eat Halloween candy all monthYes I am buying 5 large multipacks of mixed sweets and lollies. But they’re not for me, they’re for trick or treaters. Totally for them, I probably won’t even eat one. And I definitely won’t be back in a couple of weeks to buy some more because they’ve mysteriously disappeared.
4. Kids and animals in fancy dressLiterally cuteness overload. Prepare for your heart to melt.
5. Makeup experimentingIt’s the only time of year where turning yourself into a human pop art piece or wooden doll is considered a valuable skill. These days, people focus more on outrageous makeup than they do on costume so get inventive! And check out pinterest for some pretty amazing ideas.
6. Pumpkin spiced everythingThe pumpkin spiced latte is back and in a cute autumn limited edition cup too! Time for an office trip to Starbucks.
7. Prepare to be scaredWatching scary movies is definitely an October activity - if you need me, you’ll find me behind a cushion.
8. Halloween episodesThis is starting to seem like a reason-I-love-halloween blogpost as oppose to October but Halloween does dominate most of the month! Why is it that the PLL halloween episodes are always the best?
9. The return of your favourite showsAs if I needed any encouragement to stay in binge-watching TV shows, now all my favourites are back with a brand new season. I can’t wait for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals to come back - I’m also currently obsessed with Once Upon A Time so I’m seriously happy that it’s on Netflix!
10. It’s jumper weatherGet ready for layering and feeling cosy all day every day!
11. Man candy monthOctober is the month that these amazing guys came in to the world. Thank you God.
12. Pretty coloursOctober is filled with red and orange and yellow leaves - and stepping on a crunchy one is so satisfying!
13. Apples galoreWhether it’s apple picking, apple bobbing or covering apples in candy or chocolate, they are the fruit of the month. And you know what they say; an apple a day keeps the doctor away - so maybe they’ll banish that freshers flu.
14. Think pinkAs well as pizza month, it’s also Breast Cancer Awareness month so it’s the perfect time to do something for a great cause! Images sourced from pinterest.com
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!