1. Trent Army Ocean Wednesdays / Uni Of FridaysOcean is the place where dreams are made of. With a carpet so infamous that it had it’s own Facebook page when it was replaced this is where you’ll lose your mind (in a great way, obviously!). With fancy dress Wednesday for Trent & Tuesdays for Uni of, whatever day is yours, you’re guaranteed a great night. Plus, get a burger from the van outside - pretty epic.
2. Fashion EdgeThe home of Paul Smith, Speedo and Albam Menswear, not to mention where lace began, Nottingham is a hub of creativity and has loads of fashion history. If you’re thinking about heading to Trent for a Fashion based course, then we’d massively recommend it. The lecturers have all had years of industry experience, the facilities are awesome and the end of year shows always showcase how much hard work goes into each course.
3. FoodNottingham has more restaurants, bars and nightclubs per square mile than anywhere in Europe and that’s a fact! A few of our favourites are Red’s True BBQ for the best beef brisket in town, Suede Bar for amazing stone-baked pizzas and Sunday movie nights and the legendary Annie’s Burger Shack where you’re actually spoilt for choice.
4. HootersThis deserves it’s own section. We’re the only city in the UK that has a Hooters, I’m sorry - not even London has a Hooters. That means we’re awesome. All you can eat wings on a Monday!
5. Sports RivalryIf competitiveness is your thing, then the sports rivalry between Nottingham Trent & Uni of Nottingham will be right up your street. Be sure never to miss the Varsity Ice Hockey - it’s a night you won’t forget. Don’t worry, you’ll pick up the chants in no time!
6. The Music SceneWhether you’re into rock, pop, house, dance - anything - Nottingham has a venue for you. With epic house events like Dollop a few times a year (especially NYE!) you can catch DJs like Hannah Wants in the tiniest venues. Rock City has some awesome gigs on all through the year, Katie caught Disclosure there recently and Allie caught Indiana strut her stuff on the stage in May. If you’re into your mainstream music, the Capital FM Arena always has huge acts on too.
7. Trent BridgeIf you’re a cricket fan then you’ll be glad to know that Trent Bridge is a stone’s throw away from the city centre!
8. ShoppingThe shopping is pretty great, with Victoria Centre's facelift and all the high-street shops you could ever want, Nottingham is great if you’re a shopaholic. From high-end retailers like Flannels, Whistles and Space NK right down to vintage shops and cute boutiques, there’s something for everyone.
9. The HistoryRobin Hood, Brian Clough, the Castle - you name it, we’re proud of it.
10. Kitty CafeAnother cafe that deserves it’s own section, a cafe where you can adopt cats. That’s it! It’s amazing.
11. Centre of the UniverseWell, not the Universe, but the UK, we’re around about 1-2 hours from most main cities such as London, Birmingham and Manchester.
12. The Nottingham Doughnut CoSo good, they named it after where they're from. These are some seriously epic doughnuts, head to the Market Square and pick up a couple (or a box of 9). We're pretty partial to a NDC here at the UNiDAYS office! &hl=en
13. UNiDAYS HQWe’re here! So if you need a job after uni, holla at us and we’ll see what we can do...
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!