1. The review readingBefore you even book your hotel you're reading a trillion reviews on Hotels.com and convincing yourself that where you're looking at is the best place you could ever stay until you read one terrible review from Paul, 35 in Southampton. Don't listen to Paul, what does he know?
2. The packing nightmareIf you're travelling hand luggage only then there's occasionally a little bit of packing drama. Do you need 6 pairs of shoes for a week away? Probably not, but you're going to try and force them in anyway.
3. The airport panicSomeone will forget their little plastic bag for liquids, lose their boarding pass and probably hit somebody in the face with their giant Toblerone on the plane by accident.
4. The "I'm going on holiday" instagramWhether you're a passport and shoe selfie kinda person or a classic plane wing out of the window person, it's gotta happen (both on your out and return flights)!
5. The breakfast buffet situationBreakfast is one of my favourite things anyway but a holiday breakfast is something else. You have to absolutely go in on the breakfast buffet every single morning. Yep, you need three courses.
6. Holiday friendsIf you're with your parents they will undoubtedly make holiday friends. Those people that they see in the hotel bar or around the pool that they are instantly best friends with. Or, if you're me and 23, you'll make best friends with two couples over the age of 45 and feel like you've never had a better time in your life. Tragic.
7. The lunchtime pintIt becomes totally normal and 100% OK to have a beer with lunch time. It's actually weird if you don't want a pint.
8. The between each course ice creamWhen you're literally so full from dinner but you have to have an ice cream because - holiday.
9. The last day bluesPlanning to do everything on your last day but actually just ending up chilling around the pool.
10. The goodbyesThe awkward 'shall we be friends on Facebook?' thing with the holiday friends and the waving goodbye to cute hotel staff that have put up with your crap for a week or more. It's all part of the holiday experience.
11. Bye holiday clothesPacking away all your 'holiday clothes' until next time. The struggle is real. Don't forget that you can grab an epic 10% off Hotels.com with your UNiDAYS discount and make that holiday experience even better!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!