1. Going out!Yep, this had to be number one on the list. If you love chart music Carver Street is the place to be on a Thursday night – and Viper rooms has gotta be the highlight. Fez is epic if house is your scene & Propaganda’s a great indie night. And you’ve gotta go to Corp Wednesdays ‘skool disco’ at least once – even if you say it’s just for the cheap drinks! Image c/o Carver Street sheffieldparties.com
2. Hallam vs Uni Of Bar crawlsThey’re pretty epic, and who doesn’t love a bit of friendly competition?!
3. The Student UnionsWhether you’re a Fresher or coming back from your summer break both universities have brill student unions and host really cool Freshers & Re-Freshers Fairs full of fun and freebies, amazing nights throughout the year and so much more!
4. The sceneryI admit it, not all of Sheffield looks pretty but Sheffield Hallam’s collegiate campus is definitely an exception. AND one of the University of Sheffield’s lecture theatres is actually a church – pretty cool right? Hogwarts, eat your heart out!
5. Eccy RoadPractically a student haven. Lined full of pubs, bars & restaurants and surrounded by student houses, it’s the place to be! The food at Graze Inn is seriously amazing, plus there’s a fab cocktail bar in there too! And you can’t beat summer evenings with a BBQ at Endcliffe Park at the bottom of Eccy Road too.
6. MeadowhallIt’s one of the top shopping centres in the country & only a short tram or train ride away, plus we run our fab student events throughout the year there too.
7. The North vs South debateWhether it’s a cob, bun, roll or bap, it’s a debate you’ll have with your flat mates that’s for your entire university career.
8. The Peak DistrictIt’s around the corner, and only a cheap bus ride away. Full of incredible views & a fun, free day out.
9. SportsSheffield is the home of Jessica Ennis Hill and The Crucible so the sports scene is massive. There are some great gym facilities around the city and some amazing facilities and sports teams within the universities, so get involved. And varsity is amazing – now that’s a whole new ball game!
10. Student experienceThe Uni of Sheffield was rated #1 in Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey in 2014 for the happiest, most fulfilled and satisfied student, and 86% of Hallam students were satisfied with the quality of their course. Go Sheffield!
11. SteamYard Coffee CoIf you need a serious coffee hit and a doughnut fix then you need to head to SteamYard and try their Smores doughnut. Yep, that's marshmallows, chocolate sauce and peanut butter in a doughnut!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!