1. It’s culturalThe city is home to many galleries and theatres which are known to be some of the best in the country. I recommend visiting Tate Liverpool which is right on your doorstep along with Bluecoat and The World Museum and Docks. You’ll never be short of culture in Liverpool and almost all of the galleries and museums offer student discount, bonus!
2. Epic foodThere are so many amazing restaurants to eat for foodies fleeing to the city. As well as the big chains that will offer student discount, on Bold Street you can find a popular choice of restaurants including Leaf, Nolita Cantina, Bold Street Coffee and Lucha Libre. There is also Almost Famous which every new student to Liverpool MUST try. The best burgers you will eat, ever.
3. It’s iconicLiverpool is the birthplace of one of the biggest bands in the world, we think that’s enough of a reason to persuade anyone to study here! There is a lot of love for The Beatles around the city, with their dockside attraction being a popular place to visit.
4. There’s a Central Perk!Set out just like the one in Friends, Liverpool has it’s very own Central Perk which is well worth a visit!
5. The nightlifeLiverpool has a reputation as a lively city and you can make the nightlife anything you want it to be. The city caters for all tastes, whether you like cocktail bars or club nights, Liverpool definitely has it all! If you’re a tequila lover, Cava is the bar for you. Shots are a quid and you can get every flavour imaginable. Think baked bean tequila, coffee tequila and chilli tequila if you’re feeling daring!
6. It’s cheapLiverpool is one of the most student friendly cities in the UK making it affordable to live there. Because of this, Liverpool is well catered for students and offers discounted deals all around the city. Supermarkets are cheap, nightlife costs are lower and rent is cheaper than neighbouring cities. Grabbing a bargain is made easy as everything in the city is in close proximity to each other so you never have to travel too far.
7. The RazThe Raz definitely deserves it’s own section. Officially the grottiest place in Liverpool, but one which every student loves to go to on a Monday night. They may play the Five mega mix at least once a night, but pints are a pound so what more could you want!
8. The peopleThe people of Liverpool are some of the best around and are worldly renown for being friendly and funny and will no doubt make your time in the city memorable.
9. The shoppingLiverpool One has given Liverpool a whole new meaning to shopping! Home to more than 160 famous high street names, it is the perfect place to spend your student loan.
10. It's a city of sportFootball is a way of life in Liverpool as the city is home to Liverpool FC and Everton so whether you’re a red or a blue fan football is one of the biggest reasons students study in Liverpool. You are sure to meet fellow football fans during your time at Liverpool, and there’s nothing better than watching two of the best known teams in the UK battle it out.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!