WWOooohohOHOHoHOHHH your future holds mysteeeerious things!!! Ok, so we don’t actually have a crystal ball, but we’ve got 20 predictions for 2020 that we know are in your future. Here’s to an amazing year, we can’t wait to share it with you!
1. Schoolwork will be taken seriously
Hahahahahah. We had to get a joke in here somewhere. Maybe 2020 is the year you finally convince yourself you ‘work better under pressure’?
2. The 2020 Tik Tok takeover
Does the Spooky Skeleton dance away from Snapchat
3. You name it, we’re gonna try and milk it
Tiger nut milk, bananas, chickpeas… heck, even pea milk is happening in the no-dairy revolution. Table-leg milk coming to a coffee shop near you.
4. There will be 512 new Marvel films
Ok, Ok, it’s more like 15 superhero films but still, that’s A LOT of popcorn. Here at UNiDAYS HQ, we’re hyped for Black Panther 2 and the Harley Quinn movie!
5. Your housemate will still steal your cheese
Some things never change, sorry.
6. Science will get serious
There are already plans for inserting actual microchips into our actual heads, a £1000 computer with the power of a human brain, a high-speed railway to connect London and China and even a Japanese robotic moon base. 2020 ain’t playin’.
7. You will inspire someone
You may not feel like you have everything together every day, but - whatever your passions, skills or personal values are - someone will be looking at you and thinking: “Wow - they’re really smashing it”. Trust us.
8. Love Island will steal another 14 weeks of our lives
“It is what it is”, “I’VE GOT A TEXT”, “What a complete melt”... are on loop every waking moment for TWO series in 2020. And we love it.
9. We’ll make it to Mars
Well, scientists in the 60s predicted that we would land on Mars in 2020. It looks more likely that we’ll make it to the corner shop for a Mars Bar with a hangover - still a huge achievement, tho.
10. There will be more tears of happiness than sadness
Even when it feels like everything is falling apart and it’s a crappy week, focus on the good times. Call your mates, plan something to look forward to and put some tunes on to cheer each other the f*ck up.
11. You will dance. A LOT
Buzzin’ for some massive album drops in 2020. Halsey, 1975, Grimes, Cardi B, Lady Gaga… the list goes on. Even AC/DC are bringing new tracks into the world.
12. You will grow in unexpected ways
You can’t know what life is going to throw at you and that’s the beauty of it. You’ve so many amazing experiences ahead, including some that will teach you things you didn’t know you needed to learn. Embrace it.
13. Brexit will happen
Probably. Definitely. Maybe...Yes? Facepalm
14. The student voice grows louder
UNiDAYS members were making waves all over the globe in 2019, winning Student Woman of the Year, proving their entrepreneurship and standing up for the causes they believe in for a better future. 2020 is going to be even bigger for driving social change and we’re here for it.
15. The oceans will be safer for our aquatic friends
8 of the most common single-use plastic items should be completely eliminated from the UK thanks to the pledges of more and more corporations to The Plastic Pact’s 2020 deadline. Just keep swimming, lil fishies.
16. It will feel harder to balance studies, work, social life and money
But you CAN do this. Talk to tutors, your parents and friends if you’re struggling and don’t be afraid to ask for help if your mental health is suffering. Not to mention, we’ll be there for you all year long to help with the money and advice bit x
17. Everything you deserve is coming your way
Believe it, plan for it, work for it, DO IT! Your goals are totally in your control, take it one step at a time and have strength.
18. You’ll meet someone you really care about
Whether that’s a partner, new friend, family addition, inspiring professor or simply a puppy in the park, the human connection is a wonderful thing and 2020 will bring you some great people, we can feel it.
19. You will personally feel like an important part of Team GB
Olympic fever, come thru. We could predict that you’ll have a sudden urge to take up synchronized diving, but if you’re like us, you’re more likely to be cheering on team GB from the sofa in your pants.
20. UNiDAYS will keep getting better and better
We have some high-key MAJOR shiz happening in 2020. We can’t wait to have you along for the ride.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!