This yummy Italian courgetti pasta alternative is only 325 calories per serving and is super tasty. Read on, fellow carb fiends, try this and you might not miss them as much as you think on low-carb days!
- 2 courgettes
- 1 egg per person
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 chicken breast
- Poach or fry an egg, as this cooks begin making the courgetti.
- For the courgetti, simply grate or use a spiralizer until the courgette until you have spaghetti like strands.
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of healthy oil and add in a chopped garlic clove and a pinch of pepper.
- Add in the courgetti and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the egg on top, tomatoes and a shaving of cheese if desired and drizzle in olive oil.
With chickenIn a bowl mix together a clove of diced garlic, a splash of oil, squeeze of lemon, pepper, paprika, and a tbsp of tomato paste (around 50p in most supermarkets) and rub over diced chicken pieces. Pop under the grill for 17-20 minutes or pan fry until cooked throughout usually taking 10minutes. Stir into the courgetti and enjoy a delicious healthy low carb lunch or dinner thats super easy and quick.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!