Let's face it, we all want to be healthier. But it just seems like so much more effort, right? Wrong. Improving your health can be super simple, and with just a few minor tweaks to your lifestyle and diet, you will be able to notice a massive difference.
1. Establish A Sleeping PatternThinking of pulling an all-nighter? Sleeping plays an important role in physical health in the way it's involved in healing, repair, growth and development. Your immune system relies on sleep to keep you healthy, so don't let it down. Aim to get between 7 and 10 hours of sleep per night.
2. Get Enough WaterThe health benefits of drinking plenty of water are endless: it prevents constipation, it takes the stress off of your kidneys and liver by helping to flush away waste, helps with losing weight and so on. Also, water is in something called 'lymph' which is part of your immune system, and so it will fight off illness too.
3. Have Breakfast EverydayMaking small changes such as having breakfast everyday really can make such a big difference. Breakfast foods are great sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron, proteins and fibres. These nutrients are essential for having a balanced diet, and if they are missed at breakfast, they're less likely to be compensated for later in the day. If you skip breakfast, you're more likely to reach for high sugar and fatty snacks mid morning. So, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!
4. Water-ExerciseIf you're not about the cardio-life, why not try exercising in water? One of the major benefits for exercising in water is that it prevents some of the impact on your joints that exercise such as running would bring. To improve your health, you don't need to become a crazy fitness addict. Take it slow and enjoy yourself!
5. Don't Yo-Yo DietWe've all been there, you've got a holiday booked for 2 weeks time and you want to shift some pounds = serious diet time. Crash dieting is one the worst things you can do; it increases metabolic hormones like insulin which can cause you to start putting weight on around the middle. It can also be bad for your mental health; a gain-lose-gain cycle is not good for your confidence. If you want to lose weight, do it properly.
Join UNiDAYS Now For Free Student Discount
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!