1. THE BASICS!
Name, where they're from, major. Take an interest in them if you want them to take an interest in you.
2. Have you ever lived with someone before?
Little brothers & sisters count!
3. What's your schedule like?
Even if you don't plan on being friends with your roommate, it's good to know each other's schedule. You'll have a rough idea of where they're at throughout the day, know when you can get some private time, and call the cops if they've been missing for days.
4. How do you feel about guests?
Every group of friends needs a dorm room to call home. Will it be yours or will you need to head down the hall? Make sure you check with your roommate.
5. Overnight guests?
Whether it's your brother staying the weekend or a sock-on-the-door-type situation, make sure you check it out.
6. Are you planning on going home a lot?
This is just good to know.
7. What clubs/organizations are you planning to get involved with?
Mostly just important to know how busy they'll be and if they'll be coming home very late (good to know when to tip-toe around!)
8. Do you have a job or are you planning on getting one?
Also just good to know! I hope for your sake it's someplace that send them home with free food they want to share with you.
9. Are you a morning or a night person?
Establish this right away.
10. Do you shower in the morning or at night?
This is more for those in a suite-style bathroom situation but nothing is worse than being a morning shower kind of person only to find out your roommate is too. Everything is fine and dandy until one of you is running late.
11. Where do they fall on the neatness spectrum?
Just remember that messy doesn't always mean dirty.
12. What are you bringing that you're willing to share?
TV? Mini fridge? Chair? Establish this now to avoid fight later.
13. Do you have any allergies?
Also, what should I do if/when you have an allergic reaction?
14. What are costs we can share?
15. Do you have a car?
Can I borrow it? Can we please go to Target? Do you need gas money?
16. What is your study style?
Do you study in bed or hole up in the library?
17. Do you run hot or cold?
Hopefully you're both of similar temperatures. Nothing worse than getting someone who is always hot and someone who is always cold together to argue.
18. PET PEEVES!?
Nail biting? Grammar? Know what their peeves are so you can avoid them.
19. Do you smoke?
Nothing like the smell of fresh cig smoke in the morning.
20. Do you drink?
Are you on the same page? Do you know how to party safely?
21. What chores do you not mind doing?
I love vacuuming! I hate dishes!
22. Is there anything else I should know?
Are you a murderer?
23. Would you rather own a dragon or be a dragon?
There is no wrong answer but it sure is good to know.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!