1. Dark berriesI'm talking blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. These little guys are packed full of skin-clearing antioxidants and Vitamin C and they taste great too!
2. SeleniumSo, this isn't a food in itself but it is in loads of other foods. Some acne can be linked to a deficiency in this mineral, it helps to actively increase the number of white blood cells in your body which help to fight infection. Find it in nuts, fish, broccoli, eggs and tomatoes amongst loads of other things.
3. AvocadoAs well as being a super tasty dip for my favourite chips, avocados are packed full of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which act as a natural moisturiser and protect against free radical damage. You can also find these two essentials in nuts and oat milk, if the green guys aren't your thing.
4. ZincZinc is found is meat, poultry, shellfish, nuts & seeds and wholegrains. It's essential for normal functioning of the glands that produce oil in the skin, they also help to repair skin damage! All the more reason for that Surf & Turf!
5. TofuNot just for vegetarians, this hard-working soya bean substance is a great source of protein, calcium and unsaturated fats. They're also packed with antioxidants, iron, copper and manganese. Go Tofu!
6. WaterOk, definitely not a food but something that you need to treat in the same way as food - essential! By drinking more of the wet stuff you will be more hydrated and the toxins in your skin will be flushed out. Don't worry if after about a week of upping your water intake your skin starts to break out, this is just your body getting rid of all the nasty stuff inside to make way for fresh, beautiful, glowing skin! This is in no way an exhaustive list but it's a great place to start. Keep your diet as clean and unprocessed as possible and you'll definitely see a difference in the appearance of your skin. Happy glowing!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!