1.The hoo-ha over VAR
Video action replay was supposed to make decision-making at this year’s world cup easier, but not everyone has been a fan of the new technology.
Especially Moroccan player Nordin Amrabat:
2. England broke their penalties curse
England have not won a single World Cup match when it has gone to penalties in the entire history of the tournament. This curse was lifted in their match against Columbia in the round of 16.
Wrighty’s reaction was the best:
3. Japanese fans stay behind after their loss to clean the stadium
After Japan suffered a defeat against Belgium many fans stuck around after the game to help clean the stadium.
4. The Senegal team bust a move
They may not have set the world alight with their football, but the Senegal team’s warm up routine before their match with Japan has everyone talking about them!
5. Neymar’s rolling
Neymar caught the world’s attention for all the wrong reasons this world cup. His diving and crying on the floor has provided many meme-able opportunities.
6. Diego Maradona’s reactions
The football legend had a very erm animated response when watching Argentina.
7. Ronaldo’s free kick goal against Spain
Reminding us what the World Cup is really all about!
8. England’s performance in general
Although France may have been the victors and England came up short against Germany, no one expected England to get as far as they did! Was it down to the nicest manager ever, Gareth Southgate? Harry Kane? Whatever it was, it’s sent the country into meltdown!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!