The visual learner
If you’re a visual learner, you’ll learn best by seeing, visualising and using words that evoke images.
- Recopy notes (making sure to cut them down!) in different, eye-catching colours.
- Use a colour coding system to organise your notes.
- Create timelines, grids, graphs, mind-maps, models etc. Anything visual that will help you to picture the topic in your head.
The auditory learner
If you’re an auditory learner, you’ll learn best by listening, verbalising and having things explained to you.
- Discuss revision notes and concepts with friends, family, teachers etc.
- Put your revision into a song/rhyme format.
- Say your essential facts, figures and key dates over and over again until it becomes second nature.
The kinaesthetic learner
If you’re a kinaesthetic learner, you’ll learn best by actively doing something while learning.
- Do something sporty or active whilst revising - this can help to stimulate learning.
- Flashcards are a recommended method of study - the act of writing out the cards and physically flipping them over can be very engaging for the brain.
- Keep your fingers busy by typing notes and following text.
The read-write learner
If you’re a read-write learner, you’ll learn best by reading, writing and having things explained on paper.
- Write out key words in a list format.
- Re-write notes out over and over again, making sure to put them into your own words and trying to cut down on how much you write each time.
- Writing out practice exam answers - complete past paper questions and get teachers/tutors to mark them.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!