OK, we get it - there’s more to life than measuring out teaspoons of spices that you’ve never heard of to go into pots of stuff that never quite taste as good as they’re supposed to. So thank us later, as here are 5 of the easiest fail safe recipes - 1 for every weekday.
3 ingredient pancakes
That’s pretty much breakfast every day of the week sorted, plus probably a few afternoon snacks as well.
Makes 3 large or 6 small:
- 45g Oats
- 1 medium banana (peeled)
- 3.5 tbsp any milk
- Heat a pan up on a med heat - oil it well so your pancakes don’t stick
- Combine all the ingredients together in a hand blender / nutribullet / food processor
- Ladle out the batter in the pan, as many as you can fit in!
- After 2-3 mins, check if they’re flippable - then cook for the same on the other side.
- Done! Top with honey / fruit / vanilla / ice cream. Image source
One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
It’s a combo that needs combining more often in our opinion.
- 450g mince beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 950ml boiling water
- Beef stock cube / pot
- 450g dried pasta
- 300g grated cheese (cheddar)
- 120ml milk
- Put a large pot on a med heat, add the beef, onions, garlic, salt and pepper and both worcestershire sauce and ketchup
- Break up the beef with a wooden spoon and cook for about 7 mins, until the beef has totally browned. Meanwhile boil the kettle
- Measure out 950ml of boiling water in a jug with the beef stock cube / pot and mix thoroughly. Pour into the pan
- Bring the pan to a simmer (bascially you want it to start gently bubbling)
- Pour in the pasta and set a timer for 20 minutes
- Check if the pasta is cooked, if not simmer for another 5 mins
- Stir through the milk and the cheese and keep stirring until the cheese has melted
ENJOY! Image source
Mega easy bacon risotto
This was made for dining while watching box sets studying Serves 4:
- 1 onion
- Knob of butter
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 300g Risotto rice
- 100g frozen peas
- Finely chop the onion
- Heat the knob of butter in a pan and cook the onion for around 6 mins on a med heat
- Add the bacon and fry until cooked (about 5 mins)
- Boil the kettle and measure out the veg stock, pour that in along with the risotto rice
- Stir everything, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 mins until the rice is nearly tender
- Stir through the frozen peas and cook for 5 mins
- Serve! Sprinkle with some parmesan if you can find some lurking around your kitchen. Image source
No chop rich tomato sauce
Pasta? Yes, stir it in. Pizza? Yes, spread it on. Chicken? Yes, pour it over.
Freeze this sauce in portions for easy reheating.
Makes 5-6 portions
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes (these make the best base for sauces, but if you don’t see these, just use a tin of plum tomatoes)
- Handful of fresh basil
- Pinch of italian dried herbs
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 veg stock cube / pot
- Couple of shakes of red wine if you have it
- Salt and pepper
- Chuck all the ingredients in a blender / nutribullet / food processor
- You want the sauce a bit chunky still so only needs a minute
- Heat a saucepan up on a medium loe heat
- Add the sauce and bring to a gentle simmer (bubbling)
- Simmer for 20 minutes - halfway through check the sauce and add any extra seasoning, pinch of chilli flakes if you like a hint of spice
- Serve! Or leave to cool, divide into portions and freeze. Image source
3 ingredient Nutella brownies
Say no more….
- 300g Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 65g flour
- Preheat your own to 180
- Grease a brownie tin
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together until totally combined into a batter
- Pour into the tin and bake for 15 mins
- Check to see if they’re done by sticking a knife in the middle, if it comes out clean (no batter) then it’s done! These can easily overcook and become dry so don’t forget about them!
- Let them cool before cutting and serving. Image source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!