1. All the gearThere's no better feeling than switching on the latest gadget - it can make you feel invincible! Want to track your workouts? At boots.com they have a great range of fitness technology and there's a piece to suit every budget. At the lower end of the price range is the Garmin vivofit Activity Tracker at only £49.99 plus you can grab 10% off using your UNiDAYS® discount! This bad boy tracks your steps, calories burned, distance travelled and your sleep. It also has a handy goal countdown function. Next up on the price spectrum is the Fitbit ChargeHR which tracks everything that the Garmin does plus it displays your run stats and caller ID when your phone is nearby. It's water resistant and compatible with Android and Mac OS 10.6+. Pretty great, right? Finally, the Fitbit Surge is the daddy of all fitness watches as is the most expensive option and it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, sleep and 24/7 heart rate. It also has smartwatch features like call and text notifications and music control! https://twitter.com/gettingtonomi/status/614160556996591617 2. Get together! If you're committed to working out with a friend then you're less likely to back out! Also, you could save money on meal replacements and supplements such as protein. By sharing a tub of PhD Woman Meal Replacement or MaxiNutrition Lean Protein Powder you can work out which flavours are you favourites and save some all-important pennies too. Just don't forget to grab a shaker each. We love the MaxiNutrition Shaker and the PhD Woman Wireball Shaker Cup! https://twitter.com/petitamber/status/614093441321029632
3. Comparison Is The Thief Of JoyThis is a really important one to remember. Everyone feels, trains and looks different. Comparing yourself to celebs, people in the gym and your friends is not the way to make progress. Focus on your own success. Fell off the wagon at the weekend and feel like you’ve put on a few pounds? Don’t wait to get back in the gym, get straight on it with boots.com’s online fitness classes where you can get fit at your own pace with a variety of different exercises. https://twitter.com/ShandySykes_TWx/status/614073225711091713
4. Mix it up!This is the same for diet as it is for exercise. If you always do and eat the same things you'll get bored. Do things you enjoy and if that's 7 different things, do 7 different things on rotation! If you find yourself to be a snacker, protein bars can be a great way to fill yourself up between meals or to nibble on post-workout. Try a bar, shake or soup from the Celebrity Slim range or the PhD Woman Meal Replacement Chocolate Peanut Flavour Bar - this taste awesome, trust me. A great pre-workout are GlucoTabs Glucose Tablets Orange. Boots recommend to take '2 tablets 10-15 mins prior to participating in high endurance activity lasting for 30mins or longer, continue as required every 30mins'. So there you have it! https://twitter.com/charlotten_13/status/613748405731508224
5. Music to your earsOf course, the classic 'make a playlist' is going to be in this tips list. Why? Because it definitely works! When your favourite song comes on when you're out, you wanna move, right? Make it the same when you're working out! https://twitter.com/ShaunaG391/status/614001919598686208
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!