1. Focus on the end outcomeEven though it may seem impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel, try your best! Think about how amazing you’ll feel on results day when you get the grades you want, or, think about that revision-free summer ahead of you. A quote which I think sums this up perfectly is ‘short term pain, long term gain.’ You can do it!
2. Positive quotesNow, even though it may seem pointless, try changing your desktop or screensaver to a quote or image which reminds you to study or motivates you. This is such a great way to keep spirits high as you’ll be seeing the quote a lot. Here at UNiDAYS®, one of our favourite quotes has to be this: Check out our Motivational Monday Pinterest board for plenty more of where that came from!
3. Reward yourselfIf you’ve got something to work towards, then you’re going to be so much more likely to get your head down and get it done. What you reward yourself with is up to you, but it could be anything from spending time with friends to something as a simple relaxing bath.
4. Get the balance rightOne of the worst things to do pre-exams is to be too hard on yourself. Even though it might seem like a great idea, doing 10 hours of pure cramming really isn’t going to be helpful, motivating or healthy. Be sensible with the amount of revision you’re doing each day and be sure to dedicate some time for yourself. If you’re able to get the balance right, you’re going to notice a big difference in how you feel!
5. Think about your previous successesBy sitting down and making a list of all the things you’ve done successfully in the past, you can try to work out how you did and apply that technique to your exams. Whether it be getting an awesome grade in a piece of work, getting a job or passing your driving test, if you’ve done it before, you can do it again!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!