1. Education opportunitiesThere are two main universities in Brighton. The University of Sussex is a top 20 UK university and a world-leading research institution and student satisfaction is growing every year! 89% of Sussex students who graduated this summer said they were happy overall with their university experience. Also, there's the University of Brighton which has been a part of Brighton since 1859! With over 20k students studying across five campuses in Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings, the university community demonstrates civic responsibility across the south coast and beyond. Finally, there's the British & Irish Modern Music Institute - Europe's most connected music college. 77% of UK BIMM students have moved straight into employment after graduation. Fun alumni fact - George Ezra, James Bay, Izzy Bizu, The Kooks and Tom Odell all started their careers at BIMM.
2. Travel linksYou can get to London in an hour on the train, to Eastbourne in 45 minutes and Hastings in between 60-90 minutes.
3. The foodFrom the ultimate vegetarian delights of We Love Falafel to incredible ice cream from Boho Gelato to pizza heaven Fatto a Mano and burger shack of dreams Grubbs Burgers, Brighton has some amazing places to eat. Even if you're leaving the station for a trip home, head to Bagelman to stock up on snacks for the journey. Not to mention your absolute classic fish & chips. They taste 100% more amazing whilst eaten on the beach front! https://twitter.com/bohogelato/status/761167925864693760
4. Live music everywhereBrighton is the place to be for live music, there's the Green Door Store, Komedia (which also has a cinema) and the Corn Exchange.
5. Banksy takes to BrightonSometimes he ventures out of his home town of Bristol and a little further a field! &hl=en
6. ShoppingThe Lanes are the place to be if independent shops are your thing - there’s more in Brighton than you could shake a stick at! Snoopers Paradise is essentially a giant junk shop but you’ll find the best bargains and hidden gems loitering in the second hand rubble section, it's amazing. There's also a load of gorgeous shops such as Our Daily Edit, a minimal monochrome lover's haven if you're into new-ness!
7. The South DownsCraving a bit of the countryside? The South Downs are just a whole host of parks and green spaces for you to explore.
8. Beach life and the pierObviously being so close to the beach is an amazing reason to head down to Brighton and study. Also, hello 2p slot machines!
9. The NightlifeKemp Town is the LGBT end of Brighton with an absolute ton of pubs, bars and clubs. There's also your classic Oceana for those nights that you just need Oceana, cool places like Patterns and quirky hide outs like Concorde 2. &hl=en Hero image courtesy of this awesome post all about Brighton from Anna Gardner - Vivianna Does Makeup
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!