1. UniversitiesLeicester is a small university town, housing both The University of Leicester ranked as the 32nd best university in the country and Leicester De Montfort ranked as the 54th best university in the country.
2. O2 academyMusic lovers say hello to the Leicester O2 Academy. the music venue is located on The University of Leicester's campus acting as the universities Students' Union as well as the second largest music venue in the city.
3. KasabianIf I had to give you one particular reason why Leicester is awesome, it would have to be the fact that it is the home of English rock band Kasabian.
4. MarketsExperience the multiculturalism of the city by heading down to the Leicester Market. Voted "Britain's favourite market", Leicester Market holds a range of different events throughout the year from healthy living markets to the Belgrave Mela Festival. Whether you go down for a bite to eat or a fruit and veg haul, the market genuinely is the heartbeat of the city.
6. ShoppingIf markets aren't your thing, Leicester's shopping centres are still a pretty good reason to get your shop on! Head to Highcross shopping centre for the ultimate spree, housing over 150 stores and restaurants including a 12-screen cinema! What else could you want from a shopping experience.
7. Leicester CityCome and join the Leicester City family, and celebrate the premier league champions in their hometown! If you're not a football fan, it's not a problem the atmosphere alone will have you celebrating.
8. Crafty BurgerFor the ultimate #FoodPorn you definitely need to sink your teeth into a Crafty Burger. Open Thursday to Sunday from 6pm to 9pm, get your bookings in quick!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!