Heading abroad this summer? Cut your flight costs and save time by travelling light, with nothing but a a carry on! Impossible you say? Not if you're packing your essentials.
1. Official documentsPassport, tickets and travel insurance are a must! If your carry on suitcase has a front pocket pack your important documents safely in there, allowing easy access when you reach check-in, security and your gate. You may think, taking only hand luggage means I can't take another small bag with me! Wrong! So long as it's packed away when you reach your gate, you're free to carry another bag with you around the airport.
2. ToiletriesThe perfect excuse to go out and buy all the miniatures for your holiday. You can carry toiletries up to 100ml in a clear bag in your hand luggage, so pick the absolute essentials to your holiday: shower gel, shampoo, sun cream. Small perfume testers are also really handy to take in your hand luggage too.
3. AccessoriesTop tip, wear the shoes that are likely to take up the most space in your hand luggage; sandals and flip flops take up pretty much no room at all. Sunglasses are an accessory essential for summer, and you can currently get a mega 25% off at Ray Ban using your UNiDAYS® discount! If that's not a good excuse to update your summer shades then I don't know what is!
4. ClothingWhen packing your holiday clothes, it can be easy to get carried away. Understandably, we all want the options for day and night, but why not plan ahead? You're going away for 5 day, so you take enough to last you 5 days. Or pick those favourite summer outfits that work from day to night. Rolling your clothes up tight can create a lot of extra space in your hand luggage too so you could pack a little extra if you really want to.
5. ElectronicsYou can definitely tick off hair dryer from your packing list. Most hotels and apartments supply their own, some even straigteners if you've really lucked out! Additional electronics include tablets, phone chargers and laptops. Don't forget a plug adaptor, otherwise you'll be lacking all electronic goods!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!