1. BristolBristol is not only one of the most quirky cities, it also has a wide variety of nightlife! The biggest night is BED Mondays - if you crave the sound of house, D&B and chart music then here is your haven. Tuesdays and Thursdays' Lizard Lounge fills the hole in your heart only that only cheesey music can. Mbargo in Bristol is packed most days, providing with you chart music to your heart’s content. If you enjoy the ambiance of a bar rather than a club, Mbargo is a great choice for you, plus free entry!
2. NewcastleIf you've ever seen Geordie Shore you'll know there are a fair few places to party in Newcastle. TupTup Palace has great music and even greater drink prices, if you’re looking for a cheap night out with your mates this is the place to go. Even celebs love TupTup! With the likes of Ed Sheeran, Kanye West and Drake, no night is ordinary. [blockquote quote="I would say the best clubs are TupTup/TheCut on Tuesdays and Perdu on Wednesdays!" name="Sam O’Neill, Newcastle University"]
3. LiverpoolPause is the home of UK garage and old school hip hop, their events are constantly overflowing with students, creating an immense atmosphere and the drinks are cheap too (WIN!). After taking a summer hiatus, Pause is coming back in a big way in September at The Shipping Forecast bringing you an across the board music selection, from house to grime, disco to garage. Plus, you can head back there for a hangover busting meal the next day! https://twitter.com/ship_forecast/status/644126295178223617
4. LeicesterLeicester have a lot going on for them at the moment, they've positioned themselves high in the Premiership table, discovered King Richard III and to top it all off, they have some brilliant places to spend your night with your mates. Mosh Tuesdays are specifically for students, and if you get there before 11:30 it's only £2 to get in! Mosh provides you with 3 floors bringing you a indie, alternative, dance and pop mash-ups all night. If you're not a club person, and would rather hit a few bars for your night out, Leicester has you covered. Get yourself to Belvoir Street. It's a place for old school R&B lovers, which is everyone, isn't it? Some of my favourite places are Marz Bar, Terrace, Fat Cats and the airport themed Gate 38.
5. LondonThere are 20 universities in London, did you know that? So just imagine all of the nights you can try! Fabric is one of London’s best known clubs, greeting you with 3 rooms, 2 with live bands and a room with a vibrating floor known as 'bodysonic'! [blockquote quote="Fabric’s Saturday night is highly unpredictable and utterly compelling." name="The Guardian"]
6. LeedsMusic lovers of all genres know to head to Leeds for an incredible night out, seeking out the biggest and best underground house, dubstep, techno and bass DJs in basement clubs Mint Club and Space plus the recently reopened Warehouse. A great night is Hifi’s Mixtape Project is where you’ll find all the students on Tuesdays, from Beastie Boys to Bashmore, Daft Punk to Disclosure, Biggie to Bob Marley and everything inbetween. It is not often that Student Union night achieves legendary status and becomes a crucial part of student’s life, but Leeds SU did just that! [blockquote quote="Everyone knows a night in Leeds is a night not to be missed!" name="Becky O’Neill"]
7. ManchesterMint Lounge is located in Manchester's vibrant Northern Quarter district where they are proud to host some of Manchester's coolest club nights and live music events. [blockquote quote="Mint Lounge is definitely my favourite night out in Manchester!" name="Kate Drucquer, University of Manchester"] If you love to bust out some killer dance moves, The Warehouse Project or Sankeys are there for you. Revolver is another key night in Manchester, once being dubbed a ‘Manchester Institution’, it's filled 2 floors with 60’s classics including Pop, Garage, Rock ‘N’ Roll and Motown, so there's definitely enough to keep you occupied throughout the night. Hero Image Source
8. SheffieldAs the birthplace of the Arctic Monkeys, Sheffield knows a thing or two about music. Live Wire on Thursdays at Sheffield Union should be the first stop for shoe-gazers, but for D 'n' B and hip hop, head straight to The Tuesday Club. Another great event is Plug, it provides you with so many music genres, you'll never hear the same song. With the likes of Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy, Patti Smith and Lily Allen, Plug have and will remain constant in their quest to providing you with the very best acts.
9. NottinghamCoco Tang is one of the classier student night in Nottingham, no denim shorts or Converse in sight! Start the week off in style with some delicious cocktails and house music every Monday. Not feeling heels? Dirty Mondays at Forum is the official Nottingham Trent student night where you can dance away your Monday blues to a mix of dance, RnB, D&B, dubstep, indie and pop. Thirsty Thursdays at Baa Bar is a student’s haven with £2 Jagerbombs and £1 shooters, prices impossible to turn down! If that isn’t enough to convince you, Baa Bar have now released a laboratory themed menu, just in time for you to taste with smoking shots in test jars, science cocktails is all you need. Plus, if you head here on a Wednesday, it’s 2-4-1 on all Science Cocktails!
10. BirminghamOceana in China Town is a great place to go if you haven't been out in Birmingham before. With 5 bars, 2 dance floors and each with a different world theme (such as Aspen Ski Lodge), Oceana has worked hard to differ itself from the regular crowd. Music includes indie, chart, cheese, RnB and dance and even allows you to make requests! If you're not sure where you want to go, you won't fail to find something on Broad Street. Host to over 40 bars, clubs and restaurants, you'll be spoilt for choice. Whether you want a big night out, or a quiet drink, you love rock music or dance music, there will be something for you.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!