Cold weather can be a killer for your skincare regime. But, it's time to switch it up! You wouldn't wear your summer clothes in December so you shouldn't be using the same skincare products either. Here's 5 top tips for keeping your skin glowing this winter.
1. Don't scrubExfoliate instead! Sound crazy? All you need to do is swap your usual scrubby physical exfoliant for a chemical exfoliant as this won't irritate skin but it will still get rid of nasty dead skin and leave you looking radiant. Try products that include glycolic acid such as this Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Cleanser
2. Swap cream for oilOr use them both together if you're feeling like your skin needs extra moisture. A facial oil is a great way to keep on top of hydration this winter and yes, if you have oily or combination skin you can still use oils. They're actually a great way to combat blemishes and breakouts, especially Tea Tree Oil. For super hard-working skin try this Aromatherapy Associates Intensive Skin Treatment Oil.
3. Keep it coolAs much as we want to crank up the temperature of our baths and showers in the cold winter months, really hot water can actually be dehydrating for your skin so try and just stick to warm showers and make sure that you use a really good moisturiser or body oil whilst your skin is still damp.
4. Handcream, handcream, handcreamThe cold weather can be really harsh on hands! Make sure you've got a pair of gloves to shield your hands from the cold when you're outside, I love these Topshop Suede Fringed Gloves. Get into the habit of applying handcream every time you wash your hands and over-washing can make them dry too, this Zoella one is a purse-friendly win!
5. Still use sunscreenSunscreen and SPF aren't just for the summer months. You should be using an SPF, or atleast a product that contains SPF every day. A lot of tinted moisturisers, primers and foundations already contain them, which is a lazy girl's dream. I like Clinique's Super City Block SPF 40 as it's oil free and a great base for make-up.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!