Last updated January 2022
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the duration of the cookie (i.e. when it expires), and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as settings, browsing history, and activity while using the Platform. UNiDAYS also uses web beacons, which are sometimes called pixels (see below for more information.)
Cookies that UNiDAYS sets on its Platform are called first-party cookies. Cookies set by any other party are called third-party cookies. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality on or through the Platform, such as analytics, marketing automation, and targeted advertising. Third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits our Platform and also when it visits certain other websites.
To learn more about cookies generally, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The types and functions of cookies served through our Platform are described below. The specific cookies served may vary depending on the specific part of the Platform that you visit. Information about the specific cookies that are served on the Platform can be reviewed in the Cookie list below below.
- “Essential” (or strictly-necessary) cookies are first-party cookies that allow us to deliver the Platform to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. They are set in response to actions made by you to change your privacy settings, log in, or complete forms, as well as for essential Platform functions such as to control fraud, use security elements during browsing, and enable dynamic content (for example, loading animation of a text or image.) Since they are strictly necessary, these cookies are downloaded by default when needed to display the Platform.
- “Performance” (or analytics) cookies help us collect information about how visitors use the Platform so that we can analyse and improve our Platform. We use information collected by performance cookies in aggregated form, rather than linking the information to individual Platform users. Where permitted by applicable law, we will deploy first-party performance cookies automatically when you visit our Platform. If you opt out of or do not allow performance cookies, we will not know you when you visit our Platform.
- “Functional” cookies allow the Platform to remember your choices or preferences, such as information in forms or previous activities on our Platform. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalised experience while using the Platform. UNiDAYS and third parties that have services embedded in specific areas of the Platform may set these cookies. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of the services available on the Platform may not function properly.
- “Targeting” (or advertising) cookies are set through the Platform by UNiDAYS and third-party advertisers(such as social media providers) and are used to build a profile of your interests and show you advertisements that we and our Partners think will interest you both on the Platform and other websites (such as social media platforms.) If you choose not to allow targeting cookies, you will still see advertising but it will not be tailored to your interests.
Certain cookies we use are strictly necessary for our Platform to work. For example, when you visit our Platform for the first time, we present you with a cookie notice and tool (Cookie Preference Center) requesting your consent for non-essential cookies. We have to use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences in order to comply with the law (you can see details of this cookie in the Cookie List below).
When you first visit our Platform, we automatically set essential cookies on your device that are strictly necessary for our Platform to work. In respect of the other types of cookies we wish to use, you will be invited to consent to our use of them using our Cookie Preference Center. If you do not provide your consent using the Cookie Preference Center, we will not set these cookies on your device. If you do not provide your consent, our Platform will still work but some of the enhanced and personalised features may not.
Cookies on our Platform
To learn about the cookies on our Platform, please see our Cookie List below.
Does UNiDAYS use targeted advertising?
We display and help our Partners display targeted advertising using data collected when users interact with the Platform. Targeted ads (also referred to as personalized or interest-based ads) are displayed based on information generated by online activity, such as use of the Platform, visiting sites that contain Partners’ content, ads, or cookies, and the websites that you visit before and after you log on to the Platform. You can change your cookie preferences, including targeting cookies, on the Platform through the Cookie Preference Center. You will still see ads but they may not be personalized to you.
How can I manage my cookies preferences?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject non-essential cookies. You can use our Cookie Preference Center or modify your web browser controls to accept or refuse non-essential cookies.
You can change your cookies settings at any time, including by withdrawing your consent, through our Cookie Preference Center. You may need to refresh your browser for your updated settings to take effect.
Some browsers will allow you to see what cookies you have and delete them on an individual basis or block cookies from specific websites or all websites. If you delete all cookies, then the Platform may not function properly and you will lose preferences stored in your browser, including your preference to opt-out from cookies using one of the opt-out tools.
- You can learn more about how to opt out of third-party cookies at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN (US) and http://youronlinechoices.eu/ (EU).
- To learn about your cookie choices on social media platforms, please visit the relevant social media platform:
- For Facebook and Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/adpreferences/advertisers/
- For Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/personalization-data-settings
- For Snapchat: https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/advertising-preferences
- For Tiktok: https://support.tiktok.com/en/account-and-privacy/personalized-ads-and-data/personalization-and-data
What other tracking technology does UNiDAYS use?
Web beacons contain a unique identifier that enable UNIDAYS to recognize when someone has visited our Platform or opened an email from UNiDAYS. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one webpage within our Platform to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Platform from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve Platform performance, and to measure the success of an email marketing campaigns. If you do not wish to enable this tracking, please do not download images in our emails and/or please unsubscribe from our emailing lists by following the link at the bottom of each email or in your account settings. Some pixels are linked with cookies which means that declining performance cookies may impair functionality.
UNiDAYS uses Google Analytics technology for targeted advertising. Google sometimes refers to targeted advertising as ‘remarketing’. The data generated by Google’s technology are transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. On behalf of UNiDAYS, Google will use this information to evaluate use of the Platform and compile reports for us and third parties that help operate and provide services related to the Platform. If you prefer to not have data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On, by following the instructions here.
Cookies on our Platform may from time to time change, such as when we engage with a new Partner or vendor. We encourage you to check back from time to time to learn about cookies on our Platform.
|Service Provider||Cookie Categories|
|UNiDAYS||Essential, Functionality, Targeting, Performance|
|Hubspot||Functionality, Targeting, Performance|
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact UNiDAYS at: email@example.com.