Deciding which city to study in for uni can be a tricky decision, especially if you're torn between a few completely different places. We've put together a selection of city guides to try and give you a helping hand in deciding and this one is all about Edinburgh.
1. It's free!If you're already a Scottish resident then it's 100% free for you to study in Scotland so why not stick around?
2. The rankingThe University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, ranking at number 21 in the 2015/6 QS World University Rankings and at number 23 in the world for the employability of it's graduates. It was founded in 1583 and is globally recognised for research, development and innovation and Edinburgh itself has also been ranked the second best student city in the UK!
3. The cultureWith the Fringe Festival being the talk of the summer, taking over the city for almost the whole of August with over 3000 events, Edinburgh is always bursting with culture. There's also a tonne of festivals and music events throughout the year and it's also the home to the National Museum of Scotland, the Museum of Edinburgh (naturally) and the National War Museum. Mary King's Close is also super cool - it's a tour of underground buildings that is hidden deep beneath Edinburgh's Royal Mile.
4. The landscapeArthur's Seat is the main peak of the group of mountains in Edinburgh which form most of Holyrood Park. It's 251 metres high and looms over the city! It's well worth a walk up if you're feeling adventurous.
5. The castleVenture up to the castle for an explore, it's the perfect place to escape the rush of uni life!
6. The shoppingPrinces Street is the place to head for all things retail therapy. If you're a shopaholic, you'll be well catered for in Edinburgh.
7. The foodThere are a tonne of awesome places to eat in Edinburgh, from the regular chains you're used to like Chiquito and Zizzi (don't forget your UNiDAYS discount, obviously!) to tea and cake rooms and gorgeous independents like Badger & Co and The Queens Arms! .co
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!