1. BerriesBlueberries, raspberries and strawberries are great at lowering stress and are lower in carbs than other fruits such as bananas so they won’t weigh you down. Pair with yoghurt and a little granola or munch on their own. Keep the bananas for pre-workout snacks!
2. Energy ballsIf you’re a chocolate addict then these are a great way to get your sweet fix without the sugar crash. Plus, these snacks are no bake so you don’t even have to worry about cooking anything! Just use a food processor to combine Nutella or peanut butter, oats, hazelnuts, honey and seeds and roll into balls. Add more dry products if they’re too sticky or more honey if they seem a little dry!
3. Roasted chickpeasIf savoury is your thing and you need a little crunch to satisfy your cravings then these roasted chickpeas are a great way to snack in a healthier way. Sprinkle chickpeas with your favourite seasonings and bake until golden brown. Paprika and chilli is a great combination!
4. HoumousHowever you want to spell this amazingly versatile dip, it’s a really great snack and a good way to get healthy fats into your diet. Pair with wholegrain toast, crackers or vegetable sticks like carrots for a crunchy snack. Houmous is high in protein too and eating it with veggies can help you hit your vitamin goals!
5. FishcakesFish is an essential source of fatty acids and protein. Your brain is 70% fat so you need to keep that level topped up and the protein will keep you fuller for longer which means that you won’t be distracted by those hunger pangs. You can whip up a quick fish cake with tinned salmon or tuna with some breadcrumbs, a beaten egg and chopped herbs. Quickly fry off in a pan until they’re at your desired crispiness - the fish is already cooked so you don’t need to stress about sorting that.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!