How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- Robert Mueller revealed that Michael Flynn, Trump's first National Security Advisor, helped substantially in the Russia Investigation and should serve little to no prison time for lying to federal investigators.
- GOP senators in Wisconsin rushed to pass bills limiting the power of the incoming democratic governor.
- Officials are investigating voter fraud in North Carolina after allegations that republicans tampered with absentee ballots.
- Satellite images have revealed that North Korea has expanded a long-range missile base in spite of Kim Jong Un's talk of denuclearization at the Singapore Summit in June.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co is concerned about plummeting stocks and a potential trade war with China after contradictory and likely fabricated statements by Trump.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra tied the knot this week with a several-day-long celebration in India that included a blend of events and ceremonies from their respective cultures.
- Cardi B revealed on Instagram that she and husband Offset have split up.
- It was revealed earlier this week that Netflix would be removing 'Friends' in 2019. However, after widespread internet backlash, Netflix paid $100M to keep it.
- Golden Globes nominations are out. Here are the biggest surprises.
- Ariana Grande is Billboard's Woman of the Year. Duh.
- After pictures of Travis Scott allegedly cheating on Kylie were released, it was revealed that it was all a YouTube prank.
- Former President George H.W. Bush passed away this week at age 94, and had a grand and well-attended funeral.
- Several women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- A substitute teacher at a New Jersey school will not be returning after they debunked the Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy myths to six and seven year-old students.
- PETA asked for an end to 'anti-animal language.' The internet didn't take it well.
- Luxembourg has announced a plan to make all public transportation free by summer 2019.
- A Border Patrol agent has been indicted for capital murder. He confessed to killing four women and is eligible for the death penalty in Texas. *One U.S. Marine was killed and five are missing after two Marine Corps aircrafts collided in mid-air off the coast of Japan. Both aircrafts crashed into the ocean.
- 5.1 million pounds of raw beef products are being recalled due to a widespread salmonella outbreak in the United States.
- Researchers say that CO2 emissions are at an all-time high.
- Next week's UN Summit will focus on international climate negotiations called COP24. Here's what you should know about climate change before the summit begins.
- A new report says that migrants do not pose a threat to public health, and that the claims that they do are fueled simply by racism.
- Australian researchers have developed a 10-minute test that can detect cancer in any part of the body.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!