Heading back to college after summer can be a big change. From chilling on the beach straight into typing papers on your laptop, it's tough but, it's gotta be done! You want the best gear and the perfect mindset for the task at hand, right? Well, luckily for you I’ve got some great recommendations for how to seriously boss this semester.
1. First Impressions CountFirst impressions are about more than just looking smart, it's important to dress for the occasion - there should be no sweatpants in your lecture theatre. As well as this, never be late and finally, smile! Making a great impression on your professors and fellow class mates is a great way to feel comfortable in class. Once you're comfortable you're more likely to learn in a more efficient way because you're not so self conscious.
2. Study, Study, StudyMake sure you have everything that you need to study effectively. Grab all the right books and check out our study essentials checklist to make sure you have all the stationery you need to be properly organized.
3. Relax!It’s super easy to get worked up and stressed about the prospect of a new environment, new challenges and new people, but you’ve just got to try to keep the nerves at bay. You might relax by going for a walk, reading a book or listening to music. Just as well you’ll get wireless Beats headphones when you buy an eligible Mac, iPad or iPhone from Apple isn’t it*? Winning.
4. Get InvolvedWhen you’re at work experience, try to get involved as much as you can. Put your suggestions forward, ask questions if you’re not sure on something and take notes. It’s so useful to jot down any key skills you’ve learned or anything you want clarified - the whole purpose of work experience is to learn, so go all out to make sure that happens.
5. You'll Never Know If You Don't AskEven though you might feel awkward at the time, ask your professors if they have any contacts they can put you in touch with regarding any internships or out of college work. Or, if not, you could always give them a copy of your CV to file so that if any jobs come up in the future, they’ve got your details. You’ve got to think of yourself and building up your work experience history, so go on, ask them! *Terms & Conditions can be seen on the perk.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!