It's called ~fashion~
With the first Monday in May comes the ever anticipated Met Gala. But what IS the Met Gala? If you have to ask... why are you reading this blog post? All judgment aside, the Met Gala is the Metropolitan Museum of Art benefit to raise money for the Costume Institute. Also known as "the party of the year", the Gala is themed to reflect the eventual exhibition. This year's theme is "Sunday Best" as the exhibition is "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination." In order to prepare for the evening, I've put together some of the BEST moments from the past 6 years.
1. Jaden Smith makes his dreadlocks an accessory (2017)
Known for his ~interesting~ tweets and overall ~philosophical~ persona, was it any surprise that Jaden Smith showed up to the 2017 Met Gala carrying his dreadlocks as a bouquet? The answer to that is no but also.... weird.
2. HiddleSwift was born (2016)
Although she was still dating Calvin Harris at the time, it's said that seeds of HiddleSwift were sown at the 2016 Met Gala. It's also been speculated that "Getaway Car" is not only about Tom Hiddleston but that night as well.
3. Amal and George Clooney make their debut (2015)
Although they'd made their debut as a couple WELL before this, the 2015 Met Gala is where Amal and George first publicly showed up as Mr and Mrs Clooney. RIP to the bachelor life but the couple stunned then and continues to stun now.
4. Solange, Beyoncé, and Jay-Z enter an elevator (2014)
There really isn't much that needs to be said about this infamous moment. Check the video out for yourself.
5. Jennifer Lawrence photobombs SJP (2013)
Jennifer Lawrence is a queen and I will stan her until the end of time. Sarah Jessica Parker is also a queen and in 2013 the two queens met. JLaw is known for her goofy nature and this wasn't any different. She ended up photobombing SJP
6. Marc Jacobs in lace (2012)
If you DON'T know who Marc Jacob is (of the meme Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs in collaboration with Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs) then you've clearly never been shopping. Not one to shy away from daring fashion in his personal life, he made lace look anything but innocent.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!