1. Exit Festival - SerbiaFormed by students, perfect for students - this is a socially conscious festival that's mission is to support young people in the Balkans and is also surprisingly cheap. Get in there quick and get cheap flights too! This 200,000 strong music festival will be home to Ellie Goulding, Stormzy, Bastille and Wiz Khalifa this year from 7th - 10th July. Don't forget your suncream! Check out more info about tickets here.
2. La Tomatina - SpainEssentially, the world's biggest food fight happens on the last Wednesday in August every year in the town of Bunol near Valencia in Spain. More than 100 tons of over-ripe tomatoes are thrown in the streets. That's basically it and it looks amazing.
3. MeatopiaFrom 2nd-4th September Tobacco Docks in London turns into a meat-eaters heaven with grills upon grills of amazing barbecue food. No vegetarians allowed here!
4. OktoberfestKicking off from 17th September all the way until 2nd October is Germany's most talked about festival, Oktoberfest! Landing in Munich, the traditional costume parade happens on the 18th, followed by the Family Day on the 20th where all rides are cheaper (perfect for students!) and the traditional concert on the 25th. Obviously all fuelled by lots and lots of beer and Bratwurst!
5. MySliceFestLondon's biggest pizza festival is hitting Wembley Park on 30th July. Be prepared for some of the tastiest pizza ever plus performances from the likes of Delilah, DJ Luck & MC Neat, Guy D'Angelo and Jessica Agombar. 6. Edinburgh Fringe Festival The biggest arts festival on Earth runs from 5th - 29th August this year and completely takes over the city of Edinburgh. From comedy to theatre, dance to cabaret and musicals to spoken word acts there is literally so much going on over the three weeks. If you're a culture vulture you'd be crazy to miss this! https://twitter.com/edfringe/status/733647472157851648
7. Cheese & Chilli FestivalBased in Christchurch, Dorset, this little gem of a local festival is definitely worth a look if you're down in the Dorset area this summer. From 11-12th June indulge in all the cheese and chilli amazingness you can handle from the UK's best producers with real ale, live music, a chilli sauce competition and craft beers ahoy! The Cheese & Chilli festival also invades Guildford on 23rd of July and Winchester on 20th August if either of these locations are more your neck of the woods.
8. TomorrowlandAnother music one for you up next. Based in Boom, Belgium, Tomorrowland is the dance and electronic music haven of the summer. From 22nd-24th July you can see cherry-picked headliners such as Deadmaus, Eric Prydz, Alesso and Martin Garrix storm one of the 15 stages! Plus the decoration and styling of this festival is pretty epic, think active volcanoes and explosive butterflies. Boom, for sure. .belgium
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!