1. Have breakfast everydayBreakfast foods are great sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron, proteins and fibre which, if they’re missed at breakfast, are less likely to be compensated for later in the day.If you skip breakfast, you're more likely to reach for high sugar and fatty snacks mid morning. So, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!
2. Water-exerciseIf you're not about the cardio-life, why not try exercising in water? One of the major benefits for exercising in water is that it prevents some of the impact on your joints that exercise such as running would bring. To improve your health, you don't need to become a crazy fitness addict. Take it slow, jump in the pool and enjoy yourself!
3. Establish a sleeping patternThinking of pulling an all-nighter? Sleeping plays an important role in physical health in the way it's involved in healing, repair, growth and development. Your immune system relies on sleep to keep you healthy, so don't let it down. Aim to get between 7 and 10 hours of sleep per night.
4. Get enough proteinMaking sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet is so important. Why? Protein is a component of every single cell in your body, it’s used to build and repair tissue, and it’s an important building block of bones, muscles, blood and so on. Get your fix for less using your UNiDAYS® discount and save 50% at Maxinutrition. Some of our favourites include the Chocolate Protein Milk, Progain Flapjack Bars and this Strawberry Sculptress Protein Milkshake. Who said healthy eating couldn’t be yummy?
5. Don't yo-yo dietWe’ve all been there, you’ve got a holiday booked for 2 weeks time and you want to shift some pounds = serious diet time. Crash dieting is one of the worst things you can do; it increases metabolic hormones like insulin which can increase your weight around the middle, not to mention what it can do for your mental health. A gain-lose-gain cycle is never going to be good for your confidence. If you’re struggling to lose weight, check out this post for reasons why.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!