1. The weatherEven us Brits finally get to enjoy some sunshine (hopefully)! Image source
2. HolidaysWhether you're going on an all-out group holiday with your mates or tagging along with your family because they offered to pay (student budget and all that), it's always nice to get away for some sun, sea and sangria!
3. Being back homeYou may be thinking that leaving your independent uni life for the summer might not be something you look forward to that much but hello! Home cooked dinners, fresh laundry on a regular basis, a clean and tidy house, and a full fridge! Plus, you finally get to have a proper catch up with all those old friends that you've been trying to keep in touch with via the group chat for the last 9 months. Image source
4. Travelling to see friendsThe idea of going to your uni friends home town for a night out is pretty exciting, but the planning can be costly. Whatsapp, texts and calls eat away at your phone bill and if your parents don't want to pay for your travels, the whole planning might be for nothing, right? Wrong! Student saviours O2 have arrived just in time for summer giving you 20% off their refresh plan PLUS a free 16-25 Railcard. A third off those cross-country trips doesn't sound too bad now does it? Image source
5. Drinking outsideThere's something so satisfying about sitting in a pub garden or a roof top bar, the sun is shining, the drinks are flowing and you're surrounded by great friends. Hurry up summer!
6. No more uniExams are over and you finally get a couple of relatively stress-free months where you don't have to worry about any deadlines, because there aren't any! Image source
7. Longer daylight hoursSunlight generally makes people happier, so I'm all for more of it! It just makes it so much easier to wake up in the morning when the sun is already shining!
8. No more layersYou can finally push all the jumpers and coats to the back of the wardrobe and start swimwear shopping!
9. Festival seasonFestival season is on its way! Glastonbury will be amazing, especially with Adele headlining! Parklife and Wildlife festival will rock. Be it rain or shine; so long as there's music, glitter and all the fancy dress, festival season is definitely something to get excited about. Image source
10. Getting fit gets funIt can be so hard to get motivated to work out when it's freezing outside and all you want to do is eat loads of carbs but when it's warm there's no reason not to go for a run. Image source
11. It's time for BBQsCome rain or come shine, us Brits will have a BBQ at some point this summer! Image source
12. Tan it upEvery girl knows the feeling of trying on an outfit and thinking 'this will look better when I'm tanned' right?
13. TV finalesAll your favourite shows that kicked off in the winter are about to reach their season finale, which means you've got some explosive episodes coming your way! Image source
14. Fresher foodThere are so many seasonal fruits that just don't taste as good through winter - it's nearly Strawberry season again! Image source
15. Bank holidays galoreEveryone loves a bank holiday weekend (that extra day is precious in a way we can't explain) and from now until the end of summer, there's 3 coming up!
16. Frozen cocktailsThere's really no other drink option in summer. Image source
17. And relaxWith all this time off, you finally have time to do whatever you want! You could take up a new hobby or learn a new language or just catch up on your sleep. I bet I can guess which one you'll go with! Image source Hero image source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!