1. FoodThis one was bound to be high on my list - I love eating out and trying new places and Nottingham has such a fab selection whether you want a 3 course meal or a grab-and-go kind of lunch. Annie’s burger shack is a favourite among instagram users with their outlandish American-inspired burgers and The pudding pantry is perfect for those with a sweet tooth. For those of you on a budget, you can get a massive 25% off at Chiquito using your UNiDAYS discount!
2. SportWhether you’re a Nottingham city supporter or a Nottingham forest fan, you will definitely want to see the statue of the legendary Brian Clough just off market square. Image source youplusstyle.com
3. SpaceThe market square is a massive 22,000m2, making it the biggest in the country - and it’s a great place to skate or sit and watch the world go by (or paddle in the fountains if you fancy braving the cold). Image source playbuzz.com
4. EventsGoose fair is an annual event which has been running for over 700 years! It signals the real start of Autumn and draws in people of all ages; this year it’s running from Sept 30th - Oct 4th. Although there’ll be more duck’s than geese there - the Nottingham dialect is something that should just be accepted rather than questioned. Image source cinemagumbo.squarespace.com
5. ShoppingHome to two massive shopping centres as well as loads of other shops, you’ll need to get your UNiDAYS® discount at the ready! Topshop, Office, Dorothy Perkins - you name it, it’s there. Because we’re lovely, we’re also putting on 11 massive student shopping events all over the country. There’s one going on at Victoria centre on Tuesday 6th October from 6-10pm and with loads of huge discounts, music, free samples and an Ibizan club night theme, you will NOT want to miss it! Best to get your place early by pre-registering now! Image source pinterest.com
6. HistoryIf you’re all caught up on your legends then you’ll know that Nottingham was allegedly home to Robin Hood! You can see the Robin Hood statue up near Nottingham castle or visit Sherwood forest, his supposed hiding place. Image source puroseries.com
7. DrinkingIf you can’t get on board with that kind of history then maybe you’ll be more interested in visiting the oldest pub in England, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem! If you want a more modern drinking experience in Nottingham then it also has plenty of bars, pubs and clubs - and with many of them offering student discount. The biggest student night is at Rock City on a Thursday with 2 for 1 drinks all night! Image source pinterest.com
8. DesignersNottingham was where Paul Smith started his career; he’s now a very established designer with shops all over the world. If you don’t feel like travelling out of the comfort of your own bedroom though, you can get 10% off his designs with your ASOS discount. Image source pinterest.com
9. ArtThere’s the Nottingham Contemporary, the Nottingham Lakeside Arts and the New Art Exchange and most of them are free to look around. With Nottingham Trent University being one of the best for art courses, there’s bound to be an art show or exhibition going on. Image source caitie.livejournal.com
10. LaceNottingham has a rich history - part of that being the old lace market. Now home to shops, restaurants and bars, it used to house warehouses and salesrooms. If you want to bring a bit of history into the present then you can use your 10% discount at Ann Summers for a little lace of your own. Image source people.com
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!