1. MojitosMojitos are simply mint, lime, sugar and soda water so the only calorific element in these is the sugar so they can often come in at around 120 calories a glass. Watch out for flavoured versions if the bar is using sugary fruit syrup as this may add more calories, ask to add some fresh fruit as an alternative if you want some extra flavour in there. Strawberry or mango is my go-to.
2. MimosaAs Mimosas are simply Champagne and orange juice (Bucks Fizz to us in the UK!) they're pretty low in the old calorie stakes. Make them even better by using freshly squeezed orange juice and you'll avoid a little bit of the sugar from the processed kind! Try these Tequila Sunrise Mimosas for a tropical twist on the original.
3. MargaritasA Margarita comes in at around 120 calories because all they are is Cointreau, lime juice and tequila. They're quite low in calories but on the flip side it's also quite a short drink so you could end up have more than you would a higher calorie, longer drink. Just make sure you're not throwing them back like they're water!
4. DaquiriDaquiris also come in at around 140 calories which is fab for the waistline if you're not sinking too many and can come in so many different flavours. Our favourite is the classic strawberry but this Frozen Pineapple & Mango version looks amazing too!
5. Gin & TonicNot technically a cocktail, per se but a G&T is such a refreshing summer-y drink. You can save about 60 calories by switching to Slimline instead of regular tonic too! Add a ton of fresh lime and you've got summer in a glass. Drink responsibly, kids!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!