In order to get the most from your performance, PhD Nutrition knows optimising protein intake throughout the day is massively important. Protein has been shown to contribute to the building and maintenance of muscle mass, which makes it an extremely important macro-nutrient for athletes seeking increased muscular and functional performance. Because protein is vital in helping build and repair muscle, it plays a huge part in allowing you to recover from intense exercise and be ready to go again. Remember, muscle is key to performance and recovery! If we don’t ensure the muscles have a constant and consistent supply (and this means on days you don’t exercise as well) then recovery will not be complete and your performance will suffer and this is why the different “speed” in which they deliver amino acids into your muscle, makes different protein sources more effective at different stages throughout the day. The only constant being:
- We need a constant stream of protein to deliver performance
- We need protein at each key stage to ensure our absolute best repair and recovery.
Can be used with or between meals: Pharma Whey HT+:Pharma Whey® HT+ is an extremely versatile, expertly formulated whey protein product that can be used at any time throughout the day to support your performance and muscle gains. This is the product that is best suited to ensure a drip feed of amino acids throughout the day. It can be used either between meals or with meals to boost protein quality and content.
- Protein sources- whey protein concentrate, glutamine peptides, whey protein isolate, hydrolysed whey protein isolate
- 98 calories per serving
- 74% protein content
- 8.8g essential amino acids per serving
- Low fat and low sugar
- When to use: Anytime throughout the day.
Fast/slow muscle rebuild protein: Tricellar Whey™Tricellar Whey™ is a super-premium, expert formulation designed for ultra-lean post workout muscle gains, making it the perfect protein product to use immediately after exercise. Containing a 3 stage fast/slow blend, Tricellar Whey™ uses only the best sources of Whey Protein and Casein to deliver the ultimate, low-carbohydrate, low sugar post workout muscle re-building formula. Tricellar Whey™ begins to deliver its muscle building effects immediately upon use with fast-acting Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolysed Whey Isolate, then delivers its slow release effects through the use of the ‘UK first’ Micelle XL™ (a source of Micellar Casein) and pure Micellar Casein.
- Protein sources- whey protein isolate, hydrolysed whey protein isolate, micellar casein, Micelle XL™
- 90 calories per serving
- 82% protein content
- 10.4g essential amino acids
- Ultra-low carbohydrate and Ultra-low sugar
- When to use: After intense exercise
Night time protein to use before going to bed: Micellar Casein+Micellar Casein+ is a premium quality night time protein to use before bed. It releases amino acids slowly and is therefore well-suited for night time use to allow the muscle to repair whilst you sleep. Derived from the finest Micellar Casein and fortified with ultra-slow acting, Micelle XL™ - the latest in Casein protein technology for a slow and super slow protein release to last through the entire night.
- Protein sources- micellar casein, Micelle XL™
- 105 calories
- 75% protein content
- 8.8g essential amino acids
- Gluten free, fat free and low in sugar
- When to use: Before bed.
Join UNiDAYS® Now For Free Student Discount
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!