If you’re stuck between a few universities and Cardiff is one of your choices, here’s a few facts that might help your decision! We’ve been chatting to one of our awesome designers, Emily, who studied in Cardiff to give us some of the lowdown about the city.
1. Nightlife!The Nightlife is pretty insane, my favourite places to go were Retros - all the best 80/90's hits and Soda, you're most likely to bump into celebs there.
2. Magic WrapThere’s three Magic Wraps in Cardiff, and one by the SU especially! This is a huge hit with students as they do amazing fresh wraps - sounds daft but it's up there with the best! They even have a loyalty card system.
3. The KeepOn the flip side, there’s always loads of cultural things to see and do, for example The Keep has amazing views of the city and further afield and is a historic landmark from Norman times.
4. Roath ParkEveryone gathers here for picnics, games, pre-drinks, etc! It's a stunning area next to a lake, absolutely lush in summer.
5. New York DeliAnother food recommendation but if you like your sandwiches to be seriously meaty, massive and amazing, NY Deli is the place to go. Check out NY Deli in the High Street Arcade.
6. The Splott MarketThis is a definite experience and you can get some fab bargains and loads of amazing fresh food.
7. Stag CoffeeThe best coffee in town and they do pretty awesome food too. Check out their Twitter for more convincing!
8. Rugby!You HAVE to go to Cardiff for a Welsh rugby match! The atmosphere after the game is amazing and the streets are flooded with welsh jerseys and there's usually a huge sing-song too.
9. The Potted PigAnother gem from the High Street, this is the perfect place to go when you parents come and visit, the food’s great and it’s a little bit fancy but not over the top. They don’t just serve pig - they have all the meats, it’s the perfect place for an upmarket roast dinner. https://twitter.com/thepottedpig/status/619222738750865408
10. Cafe 37And finally, Cafe 37 in Cathays, the ULTIMATE hangover cure. It's always crammed but the menu and food is so worth it, it's cheap too!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!