- Dice 1-2 medium sized sweet potatoes into small chunks, and pop them into a oven dish or baking tray. Drizzle them in olive oil and a touch of honey and bake for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add them to a bowl and mash.
- Drain a tin of tuna and combine with the mash. For added flavour you can squeeze in lemon, crack in some pepper and salt, add some chopped spring onion, red onion, cumin or turmeric, a drop of salad cream, tabasco or simply throw in some grated cheese.
- Mix this well if you add in any extras.
- Grab a slice of bread and use a grater to make breadcrumbs, I like to sprinkle in some paprika for an added kick.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk.
- Scoop about 2 heaped tablespoons of the tuna mix into your hand and make burger shaped patties.
- Dip each patty into the egg and then roll it into the bread crumb mix. You may need to pat the breadcrumbs onto the patties well so that they stick around.
- Repeat until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat and cook the patties for about 3 minutes on each side.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!