Christmas is the perfect time to get your Mary Berry on! Why not try making these festive, gingerbread biscuits for your friends, family or housemates? They never need to know that they’re actually really simple to make…
You will need:
For the biscuits
- 375g plain flour
- 6 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 175g light brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 medium egg
- 100g butter
For the icing
- Pre-made, roll out icing in green
- 1 white icing pen
- Edible silver balls
- Edible red balls
- Gold food paint (optional) All of these can be found at Hobbycraft (and don’t forget your discount!)
- Baking tray
- Rolling pin
- Christmas tree and Gingerbread man cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / Gas 4.
- Put the flour, butter, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl. Mix it all together with fingertips until crumbly. Add the sugar, syrup and egg and mix until it forms a firm pastry mix.
- Using the rolling pin, roll out the pastry and use your cut out your festive shapes before moving to a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown *When they’re cool, decorate similar to the picture. For the fully iced biscuits, use the same cutter to cut out the roll out icing, and stick with together with the icing pen and finish decorating.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!