1. Shake to eraseDid you know if you shake your iPhone from side to side you can Undo Typing? Us neither. Totally works!
2. Use words instead of a PINNeed a password that's a little more foolproof than your birth date? Head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and choose 'Change Passcode'. You can then choose an alphanumeric password instead of a simple 4-6 digit pin. Safe!
3. Check timestampsWant to know what time you sent that text? Just drag your messages to the left!
4. Charge your phone fasterHeading out and used all your battery at uni today totally *not* checking Instagram? Whack your phone onto Airplane or flight mode and it'll charge a lot faster!
5. Capture the moment
6. New calendar views
7. Install the Giphy keyboardYou won't regret it! Being able to include ridiculously awesome GIFs in texts and Whatsapp messages? Priceless. Is there anything better than that? Lauren doesn't think so.
8. Hide the fact you're ignoring someone on Whatsapp
You can easily disable those giveaway double blue ticks (Settings > Account > Privacy > Read Receipts) so you can avoid the awkward "I know you've read it, why aren't you replying" conversation when you just don't want to reply.
You can also turn your 'Last Seen' time at the top of the messages which can also contribute to "I know you've been online why are you ignoring me" conversations! Head to Settings > Account > Privacy > Last Seen and you can decide who you want to see when you've last been active. Yes to guilt-free ignoring!
9. Mute group chat notificationsWhats-App group chats are a blessing and a curse. Yep, you can all decide what to do together and at what time but if the decision has been made and the conversation is still going on and you don't want to hear all about it what do you do? Just listen to your phone incessantly buzz? Nope! Mute group chat notifications by simply selecting the chat name at the top to open the in-message settings and toggle mute to on for as long as you like.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!