1. Wash, wash, washIt sounds obvious, but making sure that you wash your face is absolutely essential for clearing up your skin. It will help to remove any build up or bacteria from the day or night and will leave you feeling rejuvenated. Be sure to always start a cleanse with warm water and then end with cold - the warm water will open your pores allowing you to get inside and remove the bad stuff, and then the cold water closes them back up. You should only wash your face twice a day as excessive washing can cause dryness, leading to increased oil production!
2. Clay masksClay masks are excellent for giving your skin a visible boost. Applying the face mask and leaving it to set is ultra therapeutic (so you can have a mini pamper at the same time) but then the best part about it has to be washing the clay off. You can literally feel the impurities coming away from your skin - gross but strangely satisfying. Try it for yourself.
3. Eat cleanEating clean is something I’ve found to be miraculous when it comes to clearing up my acne. When I go through periods of eating all things bad (chocolate, sweets, cake) I notice my skin is loads more oily and spotty. So, by incorporating a little bit more fresh food into your diet, you should notice a much brighter, spot-free complexion. Just thank all those minerals and vitamins.
4. See a doctorSeeing a doctor is one of the best ways to assess how bad your skin is. If you have acne the doctor will either give you some creams, ointments or tablets, or if you don’t have acne the doctor will be able to help pinpoint what’s causing it, hopefully finding suitable remedies. It’s super easy and probably the most effective way.
5. Drink waterDoctors advise that we drink between 2 and 2.5 litres of water a day, so hand’s up, who actually does this? Thought not. It can be pretty tough to drink this much water throughout the day, but when you realise how it can benefit your skin you may feel much more motivated to do so. Hats off to the H2o!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!