Although we might not have had the best summer so far (here's hoping for the final month of glorious sunshine!) we've definitely had some killer summer trends come through this year. Here are my top 3 trends of the season that I can't get enough of. Big shout out to espadrilles, embroidered bomber jackets and cute slogan tees too but you just didn't make the cut this time!
1. Rose tinted glassesAll other sunnies have been pushed aside this season. For me, it's all about the rose gold lenses, there's just something so pretty about this colour! First up, Hawkers are the place to grab some seriously purse-friendly sunnies this summer, with 40% off both the Carey Warwick X and the Bicolor Black pairs, I'm sold! I'm also all over this Aldo Cat Eye pair, how stunning are these? Finally, the River Island Round pair have the prettiest frames around.
2. Patched denimI can't get enough of personalised denim at the moment! The best thing about DIY patched denim is that you can either buy it already made if you find a piece you're totally in love with like me and these Butterfly Patch Vintage Raw Hem Jeans. Or you can pick your patches and your denim item and create your very own style masterpiece. How about patching up this Noisy May Light Denim Bomber Jacket with these amazing watermelon, Get Lost and Monki patches? Special mention in the denim section also has to go out to this River Island Patch Denim Skirt from Zalando, those hearts though!
3. Cross-body bagsLast but not least is the cross-body bag trend. I love a good backpack and I'm always a culprit of filling my tote bags with too much stuff! Carrying a smaller bag makes sure that you only take what you really need out with you, not just everything that accumulates over a few weeks. Old receipts and about 20 lip balms, I don't need you! Firstly, the cobalt blue Tommy Hilfiger Chain Strap bag is super chic and pretty so is really versatile for both smarter and more casual outfits and from ASOS, this incredible Skinnydip Sequin bag is 100% mermaid vibes. Next up, the more toned down and neutral tones of this Dune Quilted Pom Pom Bag are jazzed up with a little fluff and this Snake Insert Cross Body Bag is all business in the front but look at that snake party at the sides! Hero image source
Join UNiDAYS Now For Free Student Discount
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!