Newcastle, the home of our favourite Geordies, is a great city for so many reasons. If you received an offer from Newcastle University, here are 9 reasons why this could be the city for you.
1. The universityNewcastle university is ranked as the 25th best university in the UK according to the complete university guide. It received a 91% student satisfaction rate in the National Student Survey and it's business school is in the top 1% of business schools worldwide! Plus, if that doesn't get you excited, the universities Freshers' Week was voted the best in the country last year.
2. The peopleNewcastle is known for having some of the friendliest people in the UK, it's also been voted the best city in the UK
3. The locationDespite being a relatively small city, Newcastle is know as the capital of the North. Situated on the river tyne, Newcastle has A LOT of bridges which add to the cities beautiful architecture.
4. The nightlifeNewcastle is famous for its great nightlife all thanks to the Geordie Shore gang. Spend your night celeb spotting the Geordie Shore stars or head to Love at Digital on a Saturday for that Ibiza superclub experience.
5. The Angel of the NorthWell it wouldn't be a proper Newcastle experience without at least one picture of The Angel Of The North on your Instagram
6. Football fame!Footy fans, welcome to the home of Newcastle United! One of the top football clubs in the UK, it's definitely worth attending a Newcastle United Vs Sunderland match while you're there.
7. The music sceneWe've talked nightclubs, but what about the music venues? Any city blessed with an O2 is a city worth settling in and Newcastle has exactly that!
8. The accentAlthough you might need walking subtitles for your first month in Newcastle, the accent is one to love for sure.
9. OuseburnIf you're a fan of anything alternative, Ouseburn Valley will be right up your street. Known as Newcastles creative corner, Ouseburn holds multiple alternative music festivals and even an indie cinema! Hero Image Source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!