1. UniversitiesCanterbury is the home of two well established universities: University of Kent is ranked in the top 50 universities in the UK, it offers specialist studies in Rome, Paris and Brussels and in 2004 opened it's Medway School of Pharmacy, a joint venture with University of Greenwich. Canterbury Christ Church is ranked at 106 in the Complete University Guide and is one of the largest providers of education, training and skills to the public services.
2. CathedralSoak up the local history at the grand old Canterbury Cathedral from Thomas Becketts murder to the fire in 1067. The cathedral is renowned for being one of the oldest and most famous religious institutions in the UK.
3. Pub crawlCanterbury is a great location for embarking on the beery pilgrimage that is the classic pub crawl. Check out this epic Canterbury Pub Crawl city map, and remember to drink responsibly if you want to make it to the end!
4. LocationWith local links to seaside towns such as Margate and Whitstable, Canterbury is a great location for a trip to the beach as well as an hour and a half train ride from the big smoke.
5. ShoppingIf the cobbled streets of Canterbury don't fulfil your shopping addictions, Ashford Designer Outlet is right on your doorstep, offering you super-bargains from the likes of Diesel, Fred Perry, Kurt geiger and so, so much more.
6. The Skinny KitchenIndulge in the delicious guilt-free meals from The Skinny Kitchen, low-carb and high protein meals, smoothies and seriously sweet desserts!
7. Marlowe TheatreFrom live music to local theatre productions, the Marlowe theatre is one of the leading theatres in the UK. English undergrad's why not get involved in their workshops and showcase your own literature as part of their famous literary programme.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!