If you’re reading this hungover - you’re gonna need food. And a lot of it to get through the day. Start how you mean to go on and score some serious housemate points with these cures:
All in one Full English
1 pan to wash up = nuff said.
Serves 1 - just multiply as needed:
- 2 sausages
- 2 rashers bacon chopped up
- 2 eggs
- ½ tin plum tomatoes
- 1 snap pot / small tin of beans
- Preheat your oven to 180, meanwhile:
- Fry your sausages in a large oven proof frying pan for 10 mins, turning every now and again
- Add the bacon bits and fry for a couple of mins until they go brown and crispy
- Tip in the tomatoes and beans and turn the heat up a bit, stir round and cook for a few mins
- Make a couple of holes in the pan and break both eggs into them
- Cover the pan, turn the heat down and cook for 4-5 mins until totally cooked
Now the hardest decision - Ketchup or Brown?
Our version of the classic muffin, without having to leave the house. Winning.
If you have a large round metal cookie cutter this makes everything a good size, and makes a cracking #yolkporn instagram too.
- 1 egg
- 1 sausage
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 bagel, sliced in half
- Heat a large frying pan up on a med high heat
- Squeeze the sausage out of it’s skin and shape into a round patty
- Put the sausage patty in the pan and cook for 4 mins. Flip and cook for another 4 mins
- Add the bacon rasher and cook until crispy
- Move the sausage and bacon to the side of the pan, place your cookie cutter in the pan and crack the egg into it
- Cook for a few mins until set, toast your bagel
- Layer up! Cheese, bacon, sausage, egg.
If you can’t face solids yet - this will do the trick. Watermelon is super hydrating, ginger will settle the stomach and coconut water will give you a well needed boost of potassium. Practically like last night never happened.
- ¼ watermelon
- Big chunk cucumber (about 6cm)
- 1 sprig of mint
- Juice of ½ lime
- 150ml coconut water (or plain water will do)
- 2 cm fresh ginger (you can buy little bags frozen pre grated stuff)
Chuck everything into a blender until ready. DONE!
This is fancy next level toast, a game changer of the toast world. Eggs are great for you, but sometimes on a hangover the thought of eating eggs is just nah. This sneaky breakfast gets the eggs in, without your head realising.
- 4 slices any bread (the bigger the hangover, the thicker the bread should be ;) )
- 4 eggs
- Couple of drops of vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup
- Fruit - any kind, berries / apple / pear etc.
- Whisk the eggs, add the vanilla extract and pour into some tupperware or a dish big enough to place the bread in (or you can do it in stages, 1 egg per slice)
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for a good 2-3 mins, carefully turning halfway. You want the bread to really soak up all the mixture until there’s hardly any left.
- Heat a pan up with some oil (coconut or vegetable) on a med heat
- Add the bread and fry for about 2 mins each side
- Top with the berries and squeeze over some honey or maple syrup.
- Be thankful that you’ve got some of your 5 a day and go back to bed until dinner.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!