We all know how to it is in winter; all that time spent lounging around in bed and eating takeaways and not necessarily making it to the gym as much as you should (or at all - guilty!). This combination can often leave you feeling sluggish and bloated but don't worry - try digging into one of these foods to beat the bloat!
1. TomatoesAs well as beating the bloat, tomatoes have loads of other health benefits like helping to battle cancer and prevent heart disease so they're a great all-rounder! Image source
2. TurmericThis spice is a real tummy-pleaser - it helps with both bloating and indigestion. Image source
3. PineapplePineapple contains potassium which is great for digestion but it also contains bromelain which aids in the digestion of protein. Image source
4. OatsNot only do they make a tasty breakfast but their level of potassium and B vitamins keep the bloating to a minimum too. Image source
5. ParsleyIf you're trying to fight the bloat then why not garnish your dinner with some chopped parsley? Parsley has a unique blend of oils that help to relax digestive muscles. Image source
6. Cranberry juiceThe diuretic effects of cranberry juice not only help with bloating but they can also help with a number of tummy upsets! Image source
7. RiceRice and rice flour are better for digestion than carbs such as wheat and potatoes because they are digested in the small intestine - meaning there's less potential to cause bloating! Image source
8. KiwiSuper high in fibre, kiwi fruit will help to kick start digestion and have your tummy feeling flatter in no time. Image source
9. GingerThe digestive benefits of ginger have been noted all the way back to ancient Chinese medicines so you can probably assume it's a tried and tested method! Image source
10. Peppermint TeaNot only does mint help with digestion but it has been shown to lower appetite too. Image source
11. Honeydew melonThis fruit helps to flush any excess water from the system and also replaces electrolytes - plus it's really tasty too! Image source
12. KimchiThis tasty Korean staple is brimming with probiotics to help with bloat reducing. Image source
13. Sunflower seedsThis one is more of a tasty swap. If you're a regular gum chewer then it could be bloating you up without you realising. Snack on a few sunflower seeds instead and you'll notice a big difference! Image source
14. WaterThis one is probably an obvious one but the health benefits of drinking more water are endless! Although bloating is often caused by excess water, it actually helps if you drink more water (weird right?). The more you drink, the more your body will want to get rid of! Image source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!