Much like the cheesy Netflix Christmas films that came before it (A Christmas Prince etc.), they’re not for everyone but boy, if you take them for what they are, you will not be disappointed! So here’s some reasons you should just roll with the festive cheese.
1. It’s like the Parent Trap, except with Vanessa Hudgens
We’re still not over how they made The Parent Trap with only one Lindsay Lohan, let alone making this film with only one Vanessa! It’s a classic plot but dusted with a sprinkling of Christmas spirit.
2. Vanessa Hudgens can’t act, but who cares?!
Vanessa Hudgens is not going to win any Oscars for this film, or in any other circumstances being honest, but does that really matter? No. It didn’t matter when we were dancing around to High School Musical and it still doesn’t now!
N.B. there may be some dodgy British accents you’ll have to ignore.
3. There’s a reason romantic Christmas movies are a hit
Love, Actually, The Holiday, Four Christmases- we love them all! Whether you have a boo for Christmas or not, watching a romance unfold in the midst of a snowy backdrop just tugs at the heartstrings. This film has all the perfect elements: cue one ball, a horse and carriage ride, cute snow fight and even a kiss under the mistletoe!
4. It’s another princess movie
You either read that ^ in a positive voice or negative one. For the princess positivity crew, it’s got everything you could possibly want from a princess film from ‘ordinary girl’ falling for a prince to a royally embarrassing moment!
5. It’s so unbelievable, but fantastic if you suspend your disbelief!
Yes some of the plot points are a bit weak and it’s totally unrealistic, but this isn’t a biopic so just let the cheesiness flow through you!
Check out the trailer:
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!