Commercial Director - EMEALondon
In the role of the EMEA Commercial Director, you will be responsible for all the EMEA focussed commercial teams. Teams across the commercial organisation are specialised and structured in the following way:
- New Business Management
- Customer Success
- Strategic Account Management
- Advertising Operations
The EMEA Commercial Director ensures that best practice across each function is being adhered to, provides strong coaching and leadership and ensures UNiDAYS hits the audience growth, engagement and revenue targets.You’ll work closely with the key stakeholders in the business across Operations, Marketing, Legal and senior leadership to define the regional growth strategy.
Whilst UNiDAYS have developed a suite of global standards, there is plenty of room to innovate process and approach in each market, creating the best playbook to win. The UNiDAYS partner value proposition is still seen by the market and our partners as primarily a student discount affiliate organisation. Few of our partners understand the true value we provide currently and can offer them. As a result we’re excluded from their internal strategic discussions about maximising long term business value.
We want a commercial leader who can educate the market and our partners on the true value of UNiDAYS. Namely that we’re the perfect partner for any brand, agency, government body or organisation that has an interest in generating mutual benefit for themselves and Students.
- Lead and manage the EMEA commercial team.
- Ensure strong performance management of all team members
- Make sure revenue targets are met across each commercial function
- Be responsible for the operational efficiency of your team
- Continually coach, mentor and direct your team members based on strategic objectives and business priorities
- Oversee all campaign activity in EMEA and ensure we are monetising each campaign consistently and optimally
- Ensure all teams are skilled in upselling all products and services
- Ensure an optimum monetisation approach for all onsite and data assets
- Provide regular reporting to team members and senior management regarding team performance and goal setting
- Ensure you are providing relevant front line market insight back into the business
- Champion commercial challenges, driving innovations and solutions within the business and it’s partners
- Bring together other department leaders and stakeholders for the benefit of your team’s needs and goals
- Bring out the very best in your team members through behavior and performance
What we need from you
With a firm grasp on the industry you are able to provide strategic direction for UNiDAYS partners and can understand and digest the market by vertical. You take these learnings and direct the internal teams to build scalable solutions for our partners. Using your experience to create innovative frameworks, strategies and approaches that position UNiDAYS, and the Student Affinity Network, as a thought leader and innovator, across multiple verticals. As a strategic thinker you can take real world partner feedback and build a case for internal resource, to drive partner led commercial innovation. Internally you are the voice of the commercial team and use this to help deliver these solutions.
Externally you are comfortable with large speaking engagements and you able to clearly and articulately position the vision and the advantage of UNiDAYS to the wider industry. You will sit on panels and present at industry events.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience across the Publisher and Agency landscape and a strong personal network across this space. We are looking for someone who can come in and quickly help form strong commercial agreements with the leading Media Agencies across EMEA.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of having a track record leading managers, account management and/or sales teams
- Experience of building and scaling large teams
- The ability to manage multiple partners and stakeholders at senior executive and C-Level within prestigious businesses
- Meticulously organised and excellent time management
- Ability to package, negotiate and sell complex, global media campaigns
- Comfortable with numbers and analysing large data sets
- Skilled at managing expectations both internally and externally
- Passionate and tenacious approach
- A keen interest in the technology industry and student demographic
- A love of deal-making and commercials execution
- Experience and love of data, and you enjoy finding powerful stories from the numbers you analyse.
- An understanding of retail and the convergence of offline and online a strong plus.
- Global organisation & EMEA regional experience are a plus.
- Experience using salesforce and related analytical tools.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Employee equity scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, tea & coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply now